The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is circulating and has found its way to New England. At the Belfast Co-op, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking precautions for the health of our shoppers and staff.
We will do our best to continue to provide a welcoming and safe environment for everyone. Repeated sanitizing of door handles and other surfaces are part of our daily routines. Our employees are vigilant about handwashing and we ask any employee with cold/flu symptoms to stay home.
Here are some precautionary tips you can use today to reduce your chance of catching any virus:
1. Wash your hands often and use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Stay home when you are sick.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray.
We strongly encourage our staff and shoppers to keep up with the facts and findings. Unless guidance changes about the local impact of COVID-19, this is a time when we should make every effort to support each other by continuing to do business locally while practicing common sense hygiene.
Find more helpful tips like these on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.