Work with Us
Whether you are looking for a job you’ll love or a career you can grow with, Belfast Community Co-op provides the training, benefits, and supportive community that makes it a rewarding place to work.
The Belfast Community Co-op carries:
- Competitive, fair wages. (As of March 2022, all workers make at least $15/ hour.)
- A friendly and inclusive workplace open to all.
- Management that cares: our workers are treated with respect and as important parts of the whole team.
- Consistent, regular schedules.
- Equity: all workers receive sponsored ownership (equity) in the Co-op and all the perks that come with it.
- Discounts: we offer generous store discounts for all workers and their household members.
- Growth: there are plenty of opportunities for advancement and/or learning new skills available for those who are hardworking and interested.
- Feeling heard: we grow, change and continually improve to fit the needs of our workers and our shoppers.
- In-Store Charge Account
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid/Earned Vacation Time
- Retirement Account with Employer Matching
- Regular Free-to-Staff Food and Wellness Items
- CSA/Farmers Market Reimbursement
- Education Credits (PTO for exploring interests related to work)
- Professional Development & Continual Training Opportunities
Full Time Workers (30+ hours) are also eligible for:
- Co-op Subsidized Health Insurance Plans
- HSA plans with Matching
- HRA plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
Frequently Asked Questions for Potential Workers
What is a co-op? Are you a worker cooperative? Collective? What does it all mean?
Belfast Community Co-op is a consumer cooperative. Learn more about what that means here. Everyone is welcome to shop here and anyone can become an owner. Currently, as a benefit of working here, the Co-op sponsors all workers to be owners of the co-op. We love being a Co-op and train all workers in what it means during New Hire Orientation.
How do I submit an application?
To view and apply for open positions or send an inquiry for future ones, visit our external job site.
Can I submit a resume and cover letter instead of an application?
Resumes and cover letters without an application will not be considered. If you would like to include them with your application, there is an option in the application to upload and attach a file. You may also an e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting.
What can I expect after I apply?
I haven’t heard back from the Co-op, should I call/email/come in?
Thank you for your eagerness! Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to speak personally with everyone that applies. If we are interested in moving forward with your application, we will reach out to you to schedule an interview.
For New Vendors
The Belfast Community Co-op is always looking to expand and diversify our community of locally grown and made products. Anyone interested in becoming a vendor through the Belfast Community Co-op is invited to read through the attached PDFs to find out more and fill out an application.
Our handbook will guide you through the expectations and processes of becoming a vendor, including our approach to order scheduling, pricing, standards, packaging, invoicing, delivery and more.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.