- The freshest produce, sourced from area farmers as much as possible
- Locally-raised dairy and meats grown and processed here in the Midcoast
- Baked goods from Maine’s best bakeries, made with the finest ingredients
- Vitamins, herbal supplements, homeopathics and natural body care items to meet all budgets
- Cleaning supplies and goods to keep a healthy home
- Grains, beans, spices and other essential pantry goods, packaged and in bulk
- Delicious prepared foods like sandwiches, salads, and ready-to-eat meals made in house from scratch
- Organic, gluten-free, nut-free, keto, paleo, vegan and other specialty foods
- An international selection of sauces, snacks, and treats
- Curated wines, craft beers and ciders, including local, GF and sustainable options.
Stop in to talk to us about cooking, health or taking care of the planet! The Co-op is your neighborhood resource, a place to find information and connect with others.
For your convenience, use our Shop for Me curbside pick-up program. Whether you’re juggling kids, immune-compromised or just in a rush, you can place your Belfast Community Co-op order online and let us do your shopping for you!
The Belfast Community Co-op takes great pride in knowing our farmers and vendors by name: supporting local farms and small businesses is at the heart of what we do, and is key to fostering a resilient food system.
Top Five Facts about the Belfast Community Co-op
- We are owned by you, our community. That makes us an alternative to big corporations and chain stores. Buying from us means supporting an independent retailer whose first priority is you.
- While everyone is welcome to shop, eat and hang out at the Co-op, our owners receive added benefits including discounts and dividends, and can vote on decisions that shape the future of the store. Becoming an owner is easy and affordable!
- We have a mission: to give you the food you need and want. We buy from area farmers and producers, support a thriving local food economy and provide wholesome, good quality food for all.
- Transparency matters to us. We tell our customers exactly what we’re doing and why, and we want to hear from you so we can meet your needs.
- We care for our workers and our customers alike, and want all to feel welcome and respected.
When you shop at a co-op, you are buying into a better world: a democratic food system that makes the planet a more equitable and sustainable place for all. The Belfast Community Co-op is here for you so that everyone will always have reliable, safe access to good local food.
What does it mean that we are a cooperative?
Food co-ops are similar to regular grocery stores in many ways, but it’s the differences that make co-ops special! We believe that eating well is just the beginning of what people achieve when we work together.
The Basics of Co-ops
Co-operatives are based on the values of responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, solidarity, honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
For additional info, visit the International Cooperative Alliance.