The election for the Co-op’s 2021 Board of Directors is complete—with 570 votes cast by Co-op Owners. Thank you to everyone who voted to ensure that the democratic structure of the Co-op continues!
All six candidates will serve on the Board starting in April. Heather Selin (incumbent), Sasha Breus, Stephen Brimley, and Valerie Tate will serve three-year terms. Susan Cutting and Charles Pattavina will serve two-year terms.
These newly elected Board members bring many skills to the Board.
- Sasha Breus’ experience ranges from scientific research, to teaching, to editing, and writing. She has always sought ways to be involved with local, real food, such as working as a baker, caterer, farmer, volunteer, and grant writer.
- Stephen Brimley has worked in the areas of economic development, conservation, education, law, public policy, criminal justice and conflict resolution. His greatest skills are in data collection and analysis, which he has used to guide organizational change and improvement.
- Susan Cutting has experience managing international and regional nonprofit environmental programs, group facilitation, collaboration, and homeschooling. She comes to the Board with a deep appreciation and respect for this community, and a passion for protecting the Earth.
- Charles Pattavina’s career was spent practicing emergency medicine while simultaneously leading clinical departments using a collaborative style of leadership and management. He also has years of experience on both nonprofit and for-profit boards.
- Heather Selin has served on the Co-op board of directors since 2018, during which time she held the office of president of the board for one year and led the process of the recent revision to the bylaws. She is highly skilled in strategic analysis, legislative and regulatory process, and written and oral communication, including facilitation.
- Valerie Tate has a long history of leadership, coordination, coaching and conflict resolution gleaned from her career as a labor leader of nurses, which culminated in the position of Coordinator of the Nurse Alliance of SEIU Healthcare.
The new Board members join continuing members David Balicki, Evans Goff, Kate Hanson, John Krueger, Matt McConnell, Buck Sawyer, and Edward Sheridan. Everyone is looking forward to a productive and collaborative year for the Board as it works to support the Co-op in its vital work for our community.
The Board also wishes to wholeheartedly thank Annie Bussiere and Crystal Howard-Doliber for their dedication and leadership on the Board. They will be missed.
Click here to find out more about the Co-op’s Board of Directors