One of the ways we donate to our community each year is by organizing our Common Cents Program. These donations allow Belfast Community Co-op shoppers to round up the total of their purchases to the nearest dollar, donating their extra change to provide support to a highlighted community organization whose work contributes to local resilience.
Contributing to “Common Cents” helps us meet our commitments to you, our neighbors while fostering positive growth in our community. Let your cashier know if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity each time you shop! Find out more about the program here.
- We have 34 eligible organizations this year. Read the lists below to see an overview and click a link to their website for more info.
- Each owner gets 12 votes to put towards their chosen organizations.
- Voting will begin on October 16th and end on the 30th, you will be sent an email when voting begins.
- Owners will receive an e-mail with a voter ID and password to enter online.
- Owner Accounts with more than one owner will receive a separate e-mail for each individual on the account, similar to recent Board of Director elections.