The election for Common Cents 2022 is complete.
Please find more information about the Common Cents 2022 nominees here.
One of the ways we donate to our community each year is by organizing our Common Cents program. These donations allow Belfast Co-op shoppers to round up the total of their purchases to the nearest dollar, donating their extra change to provide support to a highlighted community organization whose work contributes to local resilience.
Contributing to “Common Cents” helps us meet our commitments to you, our neighbors, while fostering positive growth in our community. Let your cashier know if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity each time you shop! Find out more about the program here.
We are doing some things differently this year!
- We have 58 eligible organizations this year after nominations were open most of the year. Follow the link below to meet the nominees and learn more about their organizations.
- We are introducing online voting with the intent to reach more owners with greater voting privacy.
- You may also notice the organizations are split into categories this year. There are many valuable organizations in our region and we want to spread our donations appropriately. We are suggesting owners choose two organizations from each category. Each owner gets 12 votes to put towards their chosen organizations.
- Voting will begin on October 18th and end on the 31st, you will be sent an email when voting begins.
- Owners will receive an e-mail with a voter ID and password to enter online.
- Owner Accounts with more than one owner will receive a separate e-mail for each individual on the account, similar to recent Board of Director elections.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is welcome to be a Co-op owner- owners choose who to support by voting on the recipients! Learn more about becoming a Co-op Owner here.