The Belfast Co-op’s Common Cents group for February is Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County! Every shopper may ‘round-up’ their purchases at the Co-op to donate to our monthly recipient. 100% of all donations received through Common Cents go on to each month’s group.
What is Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County?
Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County provides free, confidential, non-medical support and assistance to those at the end of life, their families, and the bereaved, and offers education on these end-of-life decisions and bereavement within the community.
They also offer grief support for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, whether or not that person has received hospice care.
All their services are completely free of charge. These services include:
- companionship and household chores for those with life-limiting illnesses
- support to anyone grieving the loss of a loved one from any cause
- support for caregivers working with those at the end of life
- educational resources on grief, death, and dying
- workshops on end-of-life issues and advance care planning
- consulting on end-of-life choices
- partnerships with and volunteer support for medical hospice program
In Waldo County, no one need die or grieve alone.
100% of all donations received through Common Cents go on to each month’s group.
For more information visit:
FB: Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County, Maine