The Belfast Co-op’s Common Cents group for October is the Coyote Center for Carnivore Ecology and Coexistence! Every shopper may ’round-up’ their purchases at the Co-op to donate to our monthly recipient.
The Coyote Center is a place that exists everywhere we gather together with each other to experience, share dialogue, create, be inspired, and to act. This is where it resides. And this is where we discover community and our own empowerment once again. We come where you are!
To enhance awareness of the value of carnivore presence on our planet by providing a wide range of creative, educational and research experiences for the people of Maine, focusing on carnivores, their habitat, and their relationship to us.
Our non-profit is named in honor of our Native Wild Canid, Coyote and focuses on carnivores and co-existing with them. We engage a wide range of community members, such as farmers, animal control and police officers, educators, children, artists, writers and legislators to name a few.
SAMPLING OF EXPERIENCES
- Gatherings about carnivore ecology and coexistence skills
- Farmer get-togethers, sharing animal husbandry practices that work
- Experiential opportunities that delight and inspire children.
- Support classes for police officers and animal control officers
- Teacher workshops supporting carnivore education in schools
- Events where artists and musicians can express our connections with the wild.
- Collaborating with Land Trusts in placed base learning
- Opportunities to participate in citizen science involving Coyotes.
- …and much more!
The Coyote Center is a federally registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit.
100% of all donations received through Common Cents go on to the groups.